Watch: Benefits of Infant Massage with a short demonstration of the massage strokes for gas and colic relief: https://youtu.be/Bf8brB2inT0
This is a five-week series. During each session, there will be a short introduction, followed by preparing to massage the infant. One area of the body will be massaged each session - see the details below for each weekly session.
Ms. Sansoni will give some helpful theoretical pointers and there will be time for questions and discussion. A handout will be distributed each week, which will remind you how to perform the massage strokes. We will sing a lullaby together to end the session. We always review strokes from one week to the next, so skills build upon each other.
- Session 1: Demonstrate and practice strokes for the legs and feet
- Session 2: Review legs & feet and introduce strokes for stomach, including a gas & colic relief routine
- Session 3: Review previous week, introduce strokes for chest and arms
- Session 4: Review previous, introduce strokes for face & back
- Session 5: Review all strokes, introduce gentle movements and other ways to enhance the massage experience for the adult and infant.
Françoise Sansoni, CEIM
Françoise Sansoni is a Montessori trained educator (AMI) and parenting coach in the Bay Area. Françoise has over 25 years of experience as a parent and teacher. She is also a Certified Educator of Infant Massage with the International Association of Infant Massage (IAIM).
Françoise also offers professional consulting and training to Montessori preschools, school programs and teacher training centers located in the USA and abroad. Françoise lives in beautiful rural West Marin and loves to support families on their parenting journeys.